Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Im Not at the Beach Syndrome



Im sitting on my messy bed in the corner of my messy room. My skin is slightly darker than the last time I posted and my hair has turned a lighter shade of brown. My floor is covered with piles of "Clean Laundry," "Dirty Laundry," suitcases, sleeping bags, and make-shift sleeping arrangements. All very blatant clues that, together, spell out "I went to the beach."

Clues such as:
Bathing Suits strewn around the room in different piles, sunscreen hidden behind water-proof mascara on my dresser, shorts, cover-ups, and lots of T-shirts make up the rest of the items on the floor.

Yes, I went to the beach. Not just any beach... The Beach of all Beaches ... Beaufort, NC. Or if you really want to know of the beach there, it's Atlantic Beach. We spent the 4th of July weekend at a friend's beach house. A house that will always have a special place in my heart. Over the last two years that place has become a home away from home for me. And its not even my family's house. Well the owners are like family. There has just been so many great memories there for me... The Girls Weekend, The Cookout last summer, The Band Weekend, 2009 4th of July weekend.

This weekend we made memories like... Setting off illegal fireworks on a dock and not getting caught, John aiming a firework in the wrong direction [towards us!], Midnight fishing, Jet skiing with Jessie, Sand Dollar searching on Carrot Island, Finding out that Whitney can do the "Can-Can" haha, The 4th of July parade, floating in the sound with a kiddy pool, Gayle, Rheanna, "Oh Bah Gah I love it!", Sparkler writing, Gayle's Cookout, ...the list could go on forever.

But now we are back. Back to unpacking, messy rooms, and reality. My reality is that my summer life consists of watching movies all day, eating tons of junk food, and sometimes the pool. And I have come to terms with that. At first it was a bore but now i have grown accustomed to it and I do indeed enjoy it. But we will all be a little down for the next few days. Its called "Not being at the Beach Syndrome."

Things to look forward too:
  • License in 2 days
  • Heather's wedding in less than 2 weeks
  • Fun at the apt
  • Summer AP school work...hey i know im a nerd.
  • More beach [crossing my fingers]
  • Jessie's CD in 2 months
  • Everyone else's CDs
  • Possibly a trip to Boone...please.
  • Maybe Possibly by some chance if the stars align...and I ask...Coffee Date with Jessie.
  • Daryl coming home from Cambodia
Hmm i like those ideas.
Stephie

No comments: