Monday, June 2, 2008

The comfort only found in One

So Sunday night at my Youth Group we sang the song My Hope is Built and i just love that song. I think that song paints an amazing picture Because i feel like there are some days where my heart is not following wholly after Christ and in those days or weeks i truly feel like i am in sinking sand and as much as i struggle to get out myself i cant.

The past couple of weeks i have been really hit hard by the enemy and as much as i have tried to ignore and push past the things he has been shoving on me i haven't had much luck on that lately. Some of those situations where the devil has just been throwing at me has at times made me angry at the LORD . Sunday i really got to turn myself away from the devils wishes and wants for me and truly go to God and say I really need you right now in my life i cant do this by myself. Then yesterday i was shot down again by the devil but this time i had God right beside me and i really leaned on him with my hurt. And as i was spending time in the Bible with God i found two verses that has the word Comfort in them and they helped me tremendously;

Isaiah 49:13
13
Shout for Joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

&

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5 For just as the sufferings of Christ flows over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6 If we are distressed , it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

Those really just stuck out to me and truly comforted me in my time of need.

No comments: