Monday, June 9, 2008

Love vs Adore

Love. Such a strong four letter word. My sister and i were talking the other day about this one word. We have some friends and family that we truly Love. But what if Love doesn't come close to the way you care about someone. This is the way we feel about some of our dearest and closest friends and family in our lives. So i looked up the word Love in the thesaurus and one word really stuck out to me.


Adore. It means to feel deep, devoted love for. I think that explains the more than love. I really like how it says deep, devoted love because that explains more than just saying "I love you." It defines the,"no i really do with all my heart love you."

Another amazing thing about the word adore is another word for it is Worship. Which totally fits because when i Worship God i am proclaiming that I LOVE or I ADORE God. Its amazing!

No comments: