Monday, September 8, 2008

Realizing my true home.


Have you ever moved? Away from everything you know and love and it be completely permanent? This is your thought process... I hate this place and i will never like it! then a year later... Okay its not bad but it will never be home! Then two years later... Oh my gosh i could never leave this place this IS home. It may not be like this for everyone but for me that's what it was. I cant believe how much my life has changed in the past three years of my life. I still remember that night when i found out that my family was moving. You wanna know what my response was..."Are you serious?" 4 months later i left straight from my school at 3:20pm to my new house in a whole different city. And now, whoa now, 2 years 3 months and 1 day later, I can't imagine myself ever leaving [but I don't know God's plan for my life yet]. I have so many amazing things here and so many things that i have learned and have gained by living here! I have gained a relationship with Christ Jesus my Lord that I have never had before. I have gained unbelievably amazing friends that i just adore. I have gained a teacher/mentor. I have gained two make-believe sisters. I have found out what i want to do with my life [as of now, its all up to God]. I love this place and I love that God placed me here even though I was pressing on my brakes the entire way! I realized throughout all of this, I am home anywhere i go cause Christ is my home and He is never away from me.


Thanks for knowing what is better for me Lord,


Steph

No comments: