Monday, July 28, 2008

Beach Week 08

Okay WARNING this might possibly be the longest post ever but it is multiple days so here we go...

11:55pm Saturday July 19, 2008,
To keep up with my blog with no Internet connection I am going to keep writing in this until I can get online later. So what have I been up to the past few hours of this wonderful day. Well it all started when I woke up this morning at 7:30am and straight into a family decision that lasted 2 HOURS!! The debate was to go to the beach or not. A whole week of sun, sand and friends. But overnight that was all at stake, a tropical storm was about to hit right in the exact spot we were to be going for that grand week away from the business of home. After a whole lot of “discussions” we were on our way. A full 3 hours with a great friend laughing, taking pictures, and listening to music on the way to the wonderful beach. Then we arrived to the wet and rainy beach condo. Although things seemed grim my brother and sisters and I put on our bathing suits and went to play in the rain like we were children again. After the fun in the rain we were invited to friends for a Pig Picking. Oh and the fun just started rolling. It all started by playing a fun game of a modified Home Run Derby. When the pig was ready we all ate out on the porch watching the sun start to set, having a great time with friends. Then the golf cart fun began. The whole group of us went to a closed golf course and rode around the course in golf carts and for us three people to a cart and pictures taken from weird angles. A walk downtown and then fishing was next, out off the dock two sharks were caught. As we sat on the dock waiting for bites, we watched in awe as a wall of water raced toward us. In shock of how fast that band of the tropical storm hit us, we ran. Laughing the entire way and getting completely wet at the same time. It was an all around amazingly fun day. Only three hours of sleep are getting to me so I am going to answer that call for closed eyes and shallow breathing by going into that dark room and lying on my soft pillow.
~Happy, smiley, hopeful, giggly, sleepy, excited, joyful
Goodnight, Steph.

11:58pm Sunday July 20, 2008,
Today I woke up to the sweet smell of sour dough French toast, yumm. After filling ourselves with the tasty bread we sat and relaxed until the clouds passed by our windows. Then it was to the beach, although a little cloudy, still we had a blast. The waves crashed right on top of us, literally. Because of that tropical storm the waves were rolling high above our heads. A little knocking around later we exited the beach on our way to the calm pool. There we swam, read, and just relaxed. When the rain started back again we went back into our condo and just watched a little TV and some took showers. The phone rang on my sister’s cell and it was our lovely friend calling from just down the beach a little ways. So we took a little family walk down to the pier and met our friend. There we watched a, lets just say, interesting man down on the beach. We got a slight kick out of that one. 6:00pm slid up on up fast and soon it was time for us to go back for some dinner. So we said our goodbyes for now and headed back the 1.5 mile trek back to our end of the beach. Part of the Titanic and some Charlie and the Chocolate Factory later dinner was served to some starving children. When dark arrived the boys set out to the beach and had a mini illegal fireworks show, the big finale is coming later in the week, shhh don’t tell. The girls of the family set out to join them but a little to late because they were already packing up. Passing the lit glassy pool made me crave to dive in and ripple that smooth chlorine water, so that’s exactly what I did. Luckily, I had my bathing suit on from the previous festivities of the day. Some of my other siblings joined in a few minutes later. Usually anything family related fun includes a competition, especially if we are in water. So we being Drummonds started a treading water competition to the death, without the death part. And if that Rent-A-Cop hadn’t told us to get out of the pool we would have been out there all night, because none of us would give up on the title. Then back to the condo and the wonderful film Titanic. Which by the way just makes me sad but when you combine it with a little Oceans Thirteen during the commercials it makes for a great few hours. When the credits rolled I jumped in the shower and now the morning hours have just popped up onto the screen and that reminds me I have a whole lot of beach tomorrow and that requires sleep. So off to bed I go hopefully I get to sleep in a little before I am forced out by my anxious siblings.
~Sleepy, burnt, wet, content, chilly, completely happy.
Goodnight, Steph

10:04pm Monday 7/21/08,
Today started really lazy, I mean literally rolling out of bed and laying on the floor for a few minutes. Then directly out onto the beach for a hot and sandy day. My parents, sister and I walked down the beach a while and on our return to our part of the beach we lept into the cool water. The waves were really pounding today, one after another crashing over us. We then laid out in the sun reading until we got hot and to the pool we went. After a few contests and sharks and minnows we just laid out some more. At around 3:00pm my sister got a call from that friend I have been speaking of the last few days and she told my sister that they were going to go horse back riding together. My sister was so excited, therefore I was excited for her. Our friend got to our condo and we hung out at the pool for 30 minutes and had a blast for those little thirty minutes. But it turns out I didn't go out of the sun from 11:00am to 3:30pm. So I came up and went directly to the shower. My family drug me to go on an excursion and that included going to a place where the next Scooby Doo will be filmed and going to a pier that had a bunch of dumb teens snorting crack in public. Not to mention the moron that tried to hit on me. I gave him look like “Do I really care what you are talking about? And why are you still in my presence?” and he scurried away, it was genius. But now I am watching a movie and waiting to hear of stories of horses before I go to sleep. Later tonight I when my sister returned with our friend which now I am going to call her “Giggles” we went out on the beach for a walk. The moon was so bright it lit the pathway down the beach. We walked down to this swing set that is on the beach and Giggles and I swung so high we thought we could reach those beautiful stars above us. Then we just sat out and star gazed and laughed at stupid things such as necks and factual facts. Then we started the trek back to our beds and car and that included teasingly trying to push some people into the water and crabs grabbing ankles. Sleep now.
~ Tan, headachey, giggly, sleepy, thinking, blessed, thankful.
Goodnight, Steph

11:12pm,Tuesday, 7/22/08
Today we kinda slept in, well at least until 11am which is pretty good for the beach. And that is where we headed. We went out in the rough waves and then to the calm pool. Giggles came and beached it with us later in the afternoon. We hung out for a couple hours before Giggles left to go get cleaned up and we went to get showers and dinner. So after dinner we met Giggles back up and went and saw Hancock which was a decent movie, kinda weird though. We all returned to the condo for some illegal fireworks. We waited until 10:00pm until going to the beach to shoot the fireworks off. But while we waited we played a classic game of Pac Man. Giggles had never played before so it was quite fun. After I won with a score of 13290 we went back out to the beach. The wind was blowing hard so we pointed the fireworks into the wind and started the fuse. But I don’t think any of us were ready for the huge fireworks that came down upon us. It was hilarious, we all scattered in all directions, while trying to watch the flaming sparks fly down on us. It was all worth it. We went back to our condo and started a game of Clue. It has been a tradition for this group to play Clue and everyone has won at least once, except Giggles. But guess what, she won!! Soon after that she left to go back to her house for the night and we went straight to our bed.
Goodnight, Steph

Wednesday 7/23/08
We sunned it today, all we did all day was swim a little bit and lay out. Then night arrived and we got ready and headed to dinner, which was pretty fantastic might add. After dinner we headed to meet with Giggles and a friend that had come in to town. We went and had ice cream and sat outside and talked. Then we walked down the street to Giggles house and played a little home-run-derby in the dark before hitting the dock for some night fishing. We had a wonderful time fishing with bare hands and of course with regular poles. The night had to come to an end at some point so we piled into the car and headed to the island.


Thursday 7/24/08

Today was all about friends. We woke up a little later and just sat on our balcony and just laughed then when our friends arrived later that day we headed straight for the beach. At the beach we made a turtle in the sand together and we swam and had a lot of fun. My dad came and called us in for lunch which was spectacular. We hung out for a little bit before having to say goodbye to Giggles and our other friend. After showers and getting ready we headed out to meet Giggles at a coffee shop. Then we packed into one car and went to dessert at a place with fake names and a wet table now. But before we went in we went to the pier and walked down and took pictures and then watched a little bit of Ice Age in the car until our name was called to be seated. The night ended with my sister and I at Giggles house for the weekend but that's for another post.

No comments: